Thursday, May 5, 2011

My hero: His Majesty Qaboos bin Said




"I promise you to proceed forthwith in the process of creating a modern government. My first act will be the immediate abolition of all the unnecessary restrictions on your lives and activities. "My people, I will proceed as quickly as possible to transform your life into a prosperous one with a bright future. Every one of you must play his part towards this goal. Our country in the past was famous and strong. If we work in unity and cooperation we will regenerate that glorious past and we will take a respectable place in the world. I call upon you to continue living as usual. I will be arriving in Muscat in the coming days and then I will let you know of my future plans. My people, I and my new government will work to achieve our general objective. My people, my brothers, yesterday it was complete darkness and with the help of God, tomorrow will be a new dawn on Muscat, Oman and its people.
"God bless us all and may He grant our efforts success."

I think the word "hero" means to me is person who gives a lot and take little. A hero needs a lot off qualities such as a strong person. I mean strong in his mind, good behavior, love all, stop his freedom when start the freedom of others. If I want to describe what the actions of a hero are I will need many papers to explain that but he does every thing for my country. My hero is His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said.

Qaboos bin Said was born in Salalah in Dhofar on 18 November 1940, the only son of Sultan Said bin Taimur, the then ruler of the country. He spent the first 16 years of his life in Salalah, where he was educated, until his father sent him to a private educational establishment in England. At the age of 20, he entered Sandhurst Royal Military Academy as an officer cadet. After passing out of Sandhurst, he joined a British Infantry battalion on operational duty in Germany for one year, followed by a staff appointment with the British Army. After military service, Qaboos studied local government in England and went on a world tour before returning to Oman in 1964. The following six years were spent in Salalah studying Islam and the history of his country and people. However, during this time, the Qaboos became aware of the poverty of his people and the poor standards of living to which they were subjected. On 23 July 1970, his father abdicated and Sultan Qaboos bin Said acceded to the throne.

 I chose him because I see my future through him. The Sultan’s hard work in enhancing Oman’s status in the eyes of the world was increasingly successful and directly reflected its foreign policy which are to develop and maintain good relations with Oman’s neighbours. More over to maintain an outward-looking and internationalist outlook as befits long-standing maritime traditions. Further more, to have a pragmatic approach to bilateral relations, emphasising underlying geostrategic realities rather than temporary ideological positions. At last,to obtain security through cooperation and peace, rather than conflict.When I studied his life and what he did for his country, I always respect him more than any time ago. I think every one must chose a hero in his life. Then try to be as him or her.

It is very important to have a hero in your life because he/she will show you the right way to achieve your ambitions. They also help you to overcome your problems in every way possible. So my advice to all please chose a hero to follow or your life will be meaningless.

Written by: Rahma Hilal Said Al Malki
Grade 12/2
Submitted to: Tr. Zainab Al Yahmedi
English language teacher
Al Billah School (11-12)

0 comments: